Music Theatre Wichita is committed to finding ways to produce live theatre and protect our audiences and employees as we all work together to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
In preparation for each of our events, we will be closely following recommendations from the CDC, KDHE and the Sedgwick County Board of Health.
While not comprehensive, the following list includes some of the considerations MTWichita is weighing.
- Venue cleaning practices, including disinfecting
- Outdoor performances in months with temperate weather
- Airflow in indoor venues
- Touchless entry, including ticket scanners and print-from-home ticket capabilities
- Socially distanced seating
- Masks—when distancing is not possible
- Directing the entering and exiting of patrons
- Intermission-less performances
For Actors and Technicians:
- Socially distanced rehearsals and performances
- Disinfecting and cleaning of rehearsal and performance spaces
- Routine COVID-19 testing
- Mask wearing whenever possible
- Split work and rehearsal schedules
- Operating a show “bubble”
- Adjustments to costuming, hair and makeup procedures
If you have input or any ideas about how how we can accomplish our goals of safe, live theatre, please contact us.